Oliver’s Wharf was designed and built in 1869-70 by the builders, F. & H. Francis. Their client was George Oliver who needed a warehouse to handle general cargo, particularly tea.
The main part of Oliver’s Wharf is six storeys high. Oliver’s Wharf was principally constructed in yellow stock brick, but with dressings in red brick and stone. Many of Oliver’s Wharf's windows are in sets of threes with stone mullions; some windows have arches. The style is usually described as “Venetian Gothic”.
Being the most ornate warehouse in Wapping, Oliver’s Wharf was the first of the old warehouses to be converted into flats. In 1973 the architects, Goddard Manton, created 23 flats. But they left the individual flats at Oliver’s Wharf as shells so that the buyers could create their own desired living space.
From the start Olivers Wharf Management Company Limited was the landlord and granted the leases of the flats in Oliver’s Wharf. The company is owned by the flat owners in Oliver’s Wharf.
History. Built 1869-70 by F. & H. Francis for George Oliver. Converted 1973. Goddard Manton, architects.
Flats. 23 flats. 6 storeys.
Listed. Grade II.
Parking. Secure parking at ground level within Oliver’s Wharf, but it is not allocated.
Special facilities. No.
Staff. Daytime porter.
Freehold. Olivers Wharf Management Limited, owned by flat owners.
Management. By flat owners through Olivers Wharf Management Limited.
What these answers mean.
Flats - no information for this section yet.
Floors - no information for this section yet.